Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fresh (the movie): Connecting Churches with the Local Food Movement | SustainableTraditions.com

Fresh (the movie): Connecting Churches with the Local Food Movement | SustainableTraditions.com:

An article on Sustainable Traditions about the movie, Fresh: Connecting Churches with the Local Food Movement.

Extract:

"After we watched ‘FRESH‘ at a local viewing hosted by some friends of ours who own a grass-based family farm- it was like someone lit a fire under me- I was inspired. It was similar to ‘Food Inc.‘ but it was heavy on hope and it made me realize it didn’t matter what corporations decided to do with our food- we could just create a new, more locally based, decentralized and sustainably-minded food system. The connection had been made in my mind. If I don’t like the way things are- I don’t need to revamp society and bring down a corrupt system- I just need to link arms with folks in my community and begin planting seeds today.

- Sent using Google Toolbar"

No comments:

Post a Comment