Monday, April 18, 2011

Experiencing God’s Creation, Rain or Shine - Tracey Bianchi - God's Politics Blog

Experiencing God’s Creation, Rain or Shine - Tracey Bianchi - God's Politics Blog: "- Sent using Google Toolbar"

A good article about experiencing God's creation in all its fullness.

Excerpt from article:

I’m a Midwestern girl coming out of her winter shell this month. Flip flops are lost companions just now crawling out from under beds and hidden closet shelves. My heart is light as I see daffodils fighting with the frozen ground and Magnolia buds cracking open. Every time the seasons flip and winter caves into spring I find my soul stunned again by the majesty and simple goodness of being outside.

In Chicago, three long months of the year are spent at temperatures below freezing. Then, come summer we actually have the audacity to lament the chewy, 90-degree air of July. We combat both temperature extremes by flipping on the heat or air conditioning. We race from climate-controlled homes to air conditioned cars, from heated grocery stores to humidity free schools.

If I’m not careful, I’ll spend half my life hiding inside.


For more, go to:

Experiencing God’s Creation, Rain or Shine - Tracey Bianchi - God's Politics Blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment